Tuesday 23 February 2016

My Brother by Krisy Podolak

Hi, today it's my turn to share what I have been up to lately and this one is hot off the press - literally I don't even think the glue is dry.

In my collection of Colour Blast goodies, I have a lot of the darker - more masculine colours - you know the ones -  Leather, Steel and Dusty Charcoal so I wanted to make the most of them and create a masculine layout.  One of my brothers is very into dressing up - Cosplay and Steampunk are his favourites so I managed to get this black and white photo of him from a Steampunk festival he went to a few years ago.  It was perfect for these colours.


I've used the Colour Paste in Steel and Dusty Charcoal to build a background of layers over a base of tea bags.  I am not a tea and coffee drinker so I asked my mum and nana to save their "bags" for me.  I think that they must have thought I was crazy but it does add another texture to the background. I also used the embossing powder on the background - I just applied the ink randomly with a dauber and then sprinkled on the powder.  The background is busy and messy but perfect for the Steampunk look.  I've also added some texture with some texture stamps - using the stamps freely without mounting them on an acrylic block allows you to stamp over the chunkier background more evenly.  Be sure to use a more permanently ink that drys quickly to avoid smudging - my favourite is Stayzon.

I used some WOW chipboard that I coloured with the Leather embossing powder, I only did one coat as I wanted the finish to be uneven. But the gold "Bling" cogs, I embossed twice to get a nice smooth shiny finish.  Here are a few close ups...




I also used the Leather Shimmer Spray to colour this Charms Creations DIY tab.  You just lay your chipboard over it and spray away.  The chipboard acts like a mask and matches the layout perfectly.

I have also put together a video so you can watch me build this layout with all the different layers on the background.  Head over to POPLEOPOD on YouTube and check it out.

Thanks,
Krisy


No comments:

Post a Comment