Saturday 9 April 2016

Understated by Danielle Vertigan

 I've got something a little understated for me.
Sometimes a photo just says enough by itself, it doesn't need much and speaks volumes without all the words and embellishments.
I had this black and white photo. I loved the simplicity of it and managed to find the right balance putting it into a page.
I got started with black cardstock and found a stencil that to me was perfect.
It fit the perfect brief of a picture tells a thousand words.
Using Colour Paste, I smeared a mixture of colours through my stencil
Once dry I layered another stencil over with my photo in mind so it framed it.
My next step was to add some spritz using Colour Shimmer Spray.
This created a beautiful shimmer to the page and stained the white stencil in places.
 
To finish I trimmed my photo to size and layered with a mixture of white, green and black.
Added it to my page.
To embellish my photo I inked my chipboard frame pieces in Cloud white and embossed with Stormy Weather.
The result is a beautiful silver.
White leaves and a flair was all I needed to finish this off with a touch of scattered sequins.
After it was all complete I felt it needed an edge.
Being black I chose to trim the edges and layered this over the orange cardstock.
This finished off the page beautifully!



As you can see the results on black are striking!
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Scrapping.........



No comments:

Post a Comment