Sunday 12 June 2016

Love you Always by Elisa Ablett

Happy Sunday Everyone,

If you are attending the Brisbane Scrapbooking Expo this weekend make sure you come along and say hi to me and the rest of the Colour Blast team at Stand D25!! 

Now due to the magic of pre-scheduling posts so I can be doing two things at once, sit back with a cuppa and join me with my latest tutorial using the amazing Colour Blast products available here on the Colour Blast website.

Here is the layout I created:



Here is a list of a few of the Colour Blast Products I used to create this layout: Bling Paste, Bling Colour Shimmer Spray, Lipstick Colour Shimmer Spray, Sunshine Colour Shimmer Spray, Apple of my Eye Colour Shimmer Spray, Deep Water Paste and Colour Shimmer Spray.

 I also used a metallic White Acrylic Ink from Daler Rowney.


Step 1 - Grab the colour shimmer sprays that co-ordinate with your chosen photo, in my case I used a photo of my gorgeous niece and she was wearing a lovely dress which had large flowers on it in white, pinks, blues and greens and a set of flower stamps, I think the ones I grabbed where Ranger stamps.




Step 2 - Using a spray bottle, spray water onto your paper around the edges where you want your photo and elements to sit and using a paint brush dip the brush into the open bottles of spray (washing the brush in between colours) and dab onto the page where you have sprayed your water - this causes the colours to run together and become like watercolours. Let dry when you are happy with your colour placement and pattern as per the below photo.



Step 3 - After the colours have dried on your page, add splashes of your white acrylic ink over part of the colour, it is difficult to catch it on camera but if you go back up to the final page you can see splashes that I have applied to the bottom left hand corner of the page.



Step 4 - Lightly gesso your chosen chipboard background piece.


Step 5 - Add Deep water Paste to your chipboard using your fingertips rub it gently over the chipboard in patches, then as per the photo below spray sunshine shimmer spray and small patches of Dusty Charcoal spray as well over the chipboard.



Step 6- Add some tissue paper in the places where your photo and elements sit. Glue it down roughly and then tear bits off to make it look distressed. Then add splashes off black acrylic ink or runny black paint with a fan brush.



Step 7 - Once dry stamp a few flowers onto your coloured areas using Black Versafine or Archival Ink.


Step 8 - Add your Bling Paste once everything has dried completely in small patches over the layout.

then once dry ....again... assemble your page with your chosen elements.

I have layered in two areas, under my photo with a Kaisercraft window cutout, a My Minds Eye journal tag, Acetate butterflies fussy cut, Pinkfresh Studios phrase stickers and some final splashes of Bling Shimmer Spray. 

Here is a close up of one corner of my page....

thanks for stopping by the blog today.



Make sure you leave some love.....

Elisa Ablett xx



No comments:

Post a Comment