Tuesday 19 July 2016

Last DTColour Blast Post for Me by Lisa Oxley

Howdy Bloggers, Lisa here with my last blog post as a DT member for this funky fresh still new company. Its sad to be parting but look out for me over the coming months for the odd Guest DT spot, because of course, one can not, keep me from loving and sharing all the colour that is on my creative table, and from next month I will actually be posting on my blog hopefully, as its been a little neglected over the last few months.
Ok, so lets look at what I have created as my last piece for Colour Blast Blog.
I truly love reworking themes, techniques, ideas and tweaking products.
This canvas below "Charisma"was created as a gift,
 for a positive kind heart, music loving soul with a vibrant charismatic character.
I wanted to try and transfer those qualities and attributes onto a piece of art.
This is how I did that.
The background is created using Acrylic inks and a water mister, when dry, using acrylic paints applied with a foam brush or dauber, I started to layer the many layers of stencils to achieve a dreamcatcher like look to the piece. 
I played with the music theme and used word stencils to reinforce positive words.
Its all about the layering... 
and then combining the uber fun Colour Blast Colour Paste to highlight certain sections of the piece. Unfortunately one doesn't see the shimmery beauty in this photo. 
 Whitening out the edges gave the piece more definition to the overall look
Here is the finished work . 
 "Charisma"
75 cm x 100 cm 
Acrylic Ink , Acrylic Paint, Colour Blast Textured Colour Paste 

Big Thanks to Tenisha for having me on the team. 
I love playing and creating with the whole range of fun Colour Blast Products,
and even though I wont be on the Design Team,
 I will definitely still be creating with your amazing products.
Lisa x



No comments:

Post a Comment