Wednesday 20 July 2016

So she decided ...to try Art Journaling! by Tina Connolly

Hi everyone, I thought I'd show you my art journal pages I created. 

Basically I prepped my page with clear gesso (the medium you prepare your paper with will effect the depth of colours and how they absorb, or move/mix)  I stamped my girl using Stazon so it wouldn't run.
I dropped a few tiny amounts of Colour Shimmer Dust (use the end of a flower stem, or pin as your scoop,you really don't need much)
Mist with water to activate....this is the fun part, the more water you add the more the colour mixes, 
Add more Colour Shimmer Dust and misting as required.

I mixed a very small amount of Candy Shimmer Dust with a little gel medium and painted the feathers and poppies.
I did the same with Lush (green) and used it through a bubble stencil.  These Shimmer Dusts can be mixed with many mediums so don't be scared to have a play.  I've used it with crackle medium, gesso, texture paste, paint, water, made my own mists.... go on, experiment!!!



Add some accents using a white journal pen.

Write a favorite quote, or personal thoughts, or your goals, or whatever you like!







Thanks for visiting.  hope you've been inspired to play!
Happy scrapping
Tina

Products used:


No comments:

Post a Comment