Saturday 6 August 2016

A Class of My Own by Ree Peace


Hi all! Its Ree here, with my very first blog post and share. This is so very exciting!
I have started by sharing what I love doing most...scrapbooking. I have been dabbling with Mixed Media for a while now but never have I had a range of products that work so well together! I have also enjoyed getting messy with embossing for the first time ever!

I thought I would start by breaking my process up in manageable parts, or layers.
First I Gesso'd a strong white cardstock to prepare it for layers of liquid based products. Then is was a spray for all with...




some Colour Spray. I used the colours; Violet, Sunset and Bubblegum.
This is how the three colours worked together with random sprays and a slight sponge to remove excess liquid.


Then I added to the depth using the Packaging Method of spraying some Colour Shimmer Sprays, using the two colours of Tangareen Dream and Deep Water, on to a ziplock bag and 'smooshing' the product onto the page.


More layers and depth were created through the use of the versatile product of Colour Paste, again using the two key colours of Tangareen Dream and Deep Water (this colour combo is soooo pretty!!). I used my heat gun to speed things up with the drying process. I also managed to cause a few smudges so I worked with that and made some more.


Now to grab out the ultra new medium to me...
I had some fun playing with the Colour Embossing Powders in the same colours, using a very thin veneer. It was a tad tricky to get good coverage with my VersaMark on this particular veneer but the powder did adhere well. I had to be very careful not to get too close with the heat gun when 'cooking' the powder on but it produced very nice shine and enamel-look.




Next it was time to bring it all together, this involved dragging pieces from my stash and getting messy with glue, paper, tissue paper, fineliner pen, enamel dots, thickers, washi tape and small phrases from stamps and prints. I also cut my background down to a 8.5x11in.




Here is the final page!

So much fun was had trying these products.
I look forward to use the products in different ways and then sharing again with you soon!

Take care of you!
Ree x




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Elisa! There is so much pressure as a DT member, but I am sure it will come easier!

      Delete
  2. Cheers Anita! These products are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete