Monday 15 August 2016

Hello Darling by Melinda Sweetman

Hi there! Melinda here with you today and I am SO, SO, SO excited to be here sharing my very first Colour Blast layout!! A massive thank you to Tenisha for asking me to join this incredibly talented bunch of ladies doing something we all love!!

So, enough of my gushing (I sometimes still pinch myself, I'm  honestly so excited to be here!!) and onto what you came here for, the crafty fun!

Here is the page I made!



In all honesty I just started this page playing! I wanted to use the awesome Colour Mica Powders as I had never used anything like them before (and the shimmer is just gorgeous!!) so I grabbed a couple of colours I loved (cool mint and polar - so, so, so pretty!!), some modelling paste, some white cardstock and a stencil. I totally didn't think to gesso my page I was so eager to play but am super impressed with how the cardstock held up! I sprinkled a little of the colour mica powder onto the stencil and then applied some white modelling paste through the stencil.


I wasn't sure what would happen or how far the colour would go but I decided that I was after something a bit more saturated in colour so I sprinkled some of the same colour powders (this time one at a time) straight over the stencilled areas and spritzed with water. LOTS of water. After I spritzed the mica powders I just tipped the page to get the colour to run and move around the page. I also added some of the powders to a few drops of water and used a dropper for big splatters (I forgot to take photos but you can see it all in the video linked at the bottom of the post!) in both colours. I dried in between colours and LOVE how the background came out!




As I said, I had NO idea what I was going to do with this background, heck IF I was even going to use it for anything so the background sat on my desk for a few days and then I was hit with inspiration and chose a photo of my youngest boy and a few pieces from the Crate Paper Little You collection, some veneer pieces and some chipboard pieces from Dusty Attic.

I worked out placement of all my bits and then decided I wanted to emboss the chipboard and the veneer. I love the pops of yellow in the Crate Paper collection so decided to emboss my stars (chippy) with the gorgeous, bright Sunshine Colour Embossing Powder. Two coats!!



And wanted to bring in a little silver (I had a flair badge in my stash I wanted to use) so used the Steel Colour Embossing Powder on the veneer words for my title. Again, 2 coats and it turned out ever so pretty!



Before I put everything together I wanted to bring a little yellow into the background so grabbed out my Sunshine Colour Shimmer Spray and sprinkled that across my page.


I used my tiny attacher, foam adhesive and wet adhesive to stick it all down and LOVE how this page turned out! 

And here are some close ups of my completed page!

The title area

Isn't that embossed veneer beautiful?!


The top cluster


An even closer close up of the top cluster!


And finally the area under my photo/next to my journalling

It's really hard to photograph the sparkly sheen where I have used the Mica powders but you can sort of see it here!


I also recorded my whole process of making this page and I would love it if you stopped by to take a peek. The video can be found here.

That is it for me and my first post with Colour Blast. If you haven't yet tried out those awesome Colour Mica Powders I seriously cannot recommend them enough! They are so pretty and so FUN to use! The Colour Embossing Powders and Colour Shimmer Sprays have so much sparkle to them, like nothing else I have worked with!

Thanks so much for stopping by and see you soon!





1 comment:

  1. Fantastic page! Love the pops of yellow. The mica powders look great, love that watered effect!

    ReplyDelete