Wednesday 7 September 2016

Abstract Blooms, an Art Journal Page by Michelle Logan


Hi All! 
Michelle back with an art journal page created with wonderful Colour Blast products.
So without further ado here is the page:


And here is how I created it, so easy!!!
I started with a smashed page in my Journal (I often "smash" left over paint etc on spare pages, never want to waste anything). I splashed and stamped more colours to create a background.

 

With a palette knife I slapped on some Colour Paste (Sunshine) in a circle shape with texture to resemble an abstract "rose". I then added another colour to create depth (I used Tangareen Dream here).


The paste is very forgiving and you can rework it until you like the overall effect.

 

I then repeated the process twice more to create my 3 main blooms!

 

I then changed to a Rose Petal with Bling colour combo and created some smaller blooms to resemble a bunch. As they dry the shine and metallic look comes through. If you are still not happy you can add more colour here with more paste, just keep adding till they bring a smile, you cannot go wrong!


Once they were all dry, I still wanted more colour variation so I gave them all a little spray with Colour Shimmer Spray in the centres allowing the colour to pool! I then had to step away from the blooms, enough was enough.....just had to stop before they were overworked!!  


I then did my best to paint a vase underneath the blooms with acrylic paint.


Time to add some leaves to the bunch! I had no pastes in the colour green I was after, what to do????
Simple..... I made my own!  Using Colour Mica Powder in Olive Grove mixed well with Impasto to form a coloured paste, once dry the impasto is clear so the olive green of the mica powder shines through.


Apply the paste through a leaf stencil wherever you want the leaves to be. The leaves just finish the composition of the page, after all what is a flower with out its leaves???

 
 

Excuse my grubby hands in that photo! It is just the way I am when I create!
So here is what it looks like after I added the leaves!


And that my friends is how the Blooms evolved!
Here are a few more detail shots of the page:




I finished the page off with a quote and a few scribbled words in the vase, no page of mine is truly complete without a few scribbles! 



Well that is all from me, 
I hope everyone gives this a go, with such a little effort the results look awesome!
Happy creating peeps!
























No comments:

Post a Comment