Tuesday 6 September 2016

Love by Krisy Podolak

Hi Everyone - With only two shares a month, this and the next few blog shares I will be doing are dating back to June - the Brisbane Scrapbooking Expo to be exact.  These are layouts and bits I created for or at the show and they are too nice not to share.  Today's is a layout.

This layout was created with the idea of show casing the SHIMMER SPRAYS and how amazing they look on black.


To start this layout, I took a spare piece of paper I cut a template.  I just traced a plate as it was a good size and then cut it out.  I placed this template over the black cardstock and then just sprayed on different layers of colour.  I started with a light spray of the Snow White Colour Shimmer Spray then dried it thoroughly so that it would not mix with the next layer.  Being careful not to move the template I repeated this process with Steel, Bling and a bit of Royalty, I think there was a bit of Singin' the Blues thrown in for good measure too.


Once all the base was covered and dry, I removed the template and then splattered the same colours around the edge of the circle I had created on the black cardstock so that it didn't look so stark and out of place.  To splatter I just removed the sprayer and used the end of the nozzle to tap and flick colour onto the layout.

I then added a layer of stars using a Stencil and the Snow White Colour Paste.  I then tried it and repeated the process with a script stencil and the Bling Colour Paste.




Once it was dry I layered on my embellishments and photo.  To the Flutterby Design Heart Chipboard I embossed it twice using the Bling Colour Embossing Powder for extra glossy smooth finish.



There is a process video up on my YouTube Channel POPLEOPOD if you would like to head over and check it out.

Krisy x


No comments:

Post a Comment