Sunday 25 September 2016

Reasons to be Happy Art Journal Page by Farrel Tailor

Hello Lovely Colour Blast Fans, I'm back today to share with you one of my art journal pages I created using the divine Colour Shimmer Dusts and Colour Sprays.


I love the bright bold colours of the colour sprays but for this project, I wanted to tone them down a little so I used the products like water colour paints. So sit back and relax with your morning coffee and let me share with you the process in creating this page.


I started off by putting baking paper behind my page and placed masking tape in the join of my journal to stop any run from the sprays seeping through to other pages.


I then used a stencil and modelling paste in the top left hand corner and bottom right hand corner of the page.


Once dried, I placed Carribean and Bubblegum colour sprays into my palette with a small amount of water. I also did the same with Sunflower and Lush shimmer dusts.


I started with Carribean colour spray first and spritzed it with water. I wanted the sprays and dust to mingle together which is why I sprayed water to the colours.


Next I used Bubblegum colour spray and let the colour run into Carribean so that I got a shade a purple.


I did a quick dry and then splattered some Sunflower shimmer dust and again sprayed with water. I used the same technique with Lush shimmer dust.


I kept building the layers of colour until I was happy.


I then added some stenciling with inks and highlighted the flowers with Distress Crayons and blended the crayon in with my aqua brush.


Here I stamped with a script stamp and archival black ink randomly onto the page.


I used a sticker strip for my quote and traced around the edges with my Distress Marker Black Soot.
Below are some close up images of the page.






Thanks for dropping by and be sure to check out my process  below.




Happy Scrappin xx



No comments:

Post a Comment