Saturday 22 October 2016

Birthday Wishes by Danielle Vertigan

Today I'm here with something simple but effective.
I recently got a kit jam packed with goodies and it inspired me
from layout to cards.
Today I'm sharing with you some cards.
Sticking with the theme of graffiti that runs through the kit I created my bases.
My first step was to select colours and trim my bases to 4"x6"


On this using a black gel pen I freehand my brickwork,
getting cotton buds ready to add my colour

Using the Colour Sprays and simply removing the stalk I dipped the cotton buds and began colouring in my squares.
Overlapping some areas will create a fun colour bleed and give some variation.
You can also intensify the colour by adding another layer.
I chose Sunset, Rainforest, Love and Sapphire.
Whilst my brickwork dries I used the same process creating wood panelling.
In this selection I've used Sunset, Grape and Caribbean.


Using my cotton buds I followed the same process and this time once the panels where coloured I tilted the card and added liberal colour allowing it to drip.
Using a lettered stamp and my stazon ink I added a splash of text to replicate graffiti.
I then re did my gel pen to strengthen the colour on the lines.


I embellished using items from my kits and finished with a
"Happy Birthday" Stamp.


Some sequins where added to give a pop of colour


The cards allow the silhouettes to shine.
Themed with the background and simplicity of the Water Colouring
It all marries together beautifully.

Thanks for stopping by
Danni.




1 comment: