Thursday 20 October 2016

# Blessed by Suzy Loudon

Hello everyone.
I've been playing with the gorgeous Colour Blast Mica Powders.
They are so full of shimmery goodness. 



To begin with I stamped my butterflies one at a time using a versamark ink pad.
Using a stippled paint brush I dipped it in the Mica Powder & dabbed the Mica onto the image. Once the butterflies were covered I brushed off the excess with a very soft paintbrush.

It's hard to capture the shimmer in photos but its so pretty.
The Mica Powder colours I used are Lemon Zing, Peach Nectar, Watermelon, Cool Mint, Polar and Wisteria

Using the edge of a stencil I went around the edge of my paper with Dusty Charcoal  Colour Paste to give it a border.

I gave my background some more texture & colour using Deep Water  Colour Paste through a stencil.

Giving my Steel Colour  Shimmer Spray a good shake I then used the nozzle to splash some shimmer drops around.

Two coats of Singin' the Blues Colour Embossing Powder


Two coats of Lovely Lilac Colour Embossing Powder


A coat of Steel Colour  Embossing Powder on a little punch edging.


A quick spray of some flowers using the Colour Shimmer Sprays in Lipstick, Singin the Blues & Lovely Lilac.


A little coloured paper the frame my photo & some coloured embroidery string to bring my page together. A few rhinestones and I'm done.



I hope you've enjoyed seeing the process & what fun the mica powders can be to play with.
Until next time,
Suzy


No comments:

Post a Comment