Monday 10 October 2016

Dream big by Amy Prior

Hi there Colour Blast fans! Amy Prior back with you all again today, this time sharing a super fun and quick tag with a little photo tutorial on how I created it.


This fun tag was created using my favourite Colour Blast products alongside some 2Crafty chipboard and a single Scrappers Garden flower. 


The first step to creating this tag was to cover the chipboard and kraft tag with some gesso. I have used some good quality Matte Gesso for this to ensure the wet shimmer spray would adhere and not resist. You can also see that I did not cover the tag completely as I wanted some of that gorgeous Kraft colour still to shine through.


Next I have simply sprayed a nice covering of Rose Petal Colour Shimmer Spray over the entire background of the tag. I have made sure that the gesso was completely dry before starting this part and a heat tool can be used if needed. Sit the tag aside after this step to dry naturally so that the yummy colour pools up on the tag naturally.


While the shimmer spray is drying on the tags background, I moved on to decorating my chipboard dream catcher by painting some feathery patterns using Colour Pastes. 


For this step I have used some very thin paint brushes and painted very random and messy strokes of  Colour Pastes in Bling, Rose Petal, Deep Water, Steel and Snow White. I have also covered the entire top section with Snow White Colour Paste.


Once my tag was completely dry, I have added some random bits of Plasterer's tape for some added texture. Cut the plasterer's tap roughly and then stretch and pull the tape a little to make it look less uniform.


My final addition to the base of the tag before adhering the chipboard and flower, was to add some Prills using some Liquitex Matte Medium. I just love these little balls of happiness because they are all mixed sizes and shapes which makes it so much more fun than regular micro beads etc. 


Here are a few close-ups of that gorgeous texture and finished detail. 


A couple of pearls were the perfect finishing touch to the gorgeous dream catcher chipboard.


Well that is it from me today, until next time, happy scrapping!

Amy Prior xx

No comments:

Post a Comment