Thursday 13 October 2016

"Girls...." by Amanda Hartmann

Good morning Colour Blast fans!

I'm excited to share a really simple, yet eye-catching layout today! Here it is:



Here are the steps I took to create this page:


1. I gesso'd the smooth white cardstock background.

2. I picked some simple circle stamps and got my Staz On ink ready.

3. I stamped the circles of different sizes in a pattern across the background. I started with the larger circles and finished with smaller ones, until it looked balanced.

4. Then, I picked some Colour Blast products which matched the colours in the photo. I ended up with these three products and colours:
Colour Spray - in Saffron,

5. I sprayed a few squirts of water in a circle, then tapped a few sprinkles of Colour Shimmer dust, and mixed the colour in the circle. I dried each circle fully before doing the next.

6. To colour the circles using the Colour Spray, I simple unscrewed the lid and painted the circle.
I also splattered and splashed some of the colours onto the background during this stage.

7. Once everything was dry, I added another layer of Colour Blast, this time some Colour Paste - in Sunshine (my favourite colour I think!)

Here is a close up of the background finished.

8. Then I started collecting fabrics, paper and embellishments to finish the page.


And here is the final page and some close ups.






Thanks for looking today. Amanda



1 comment: