Tuesday 25 October 2016

Sister by Tracey Campbell

Hi it is Tracey Campbell back again today with another layout to share using lots of Colour Blast products. Grab a cuppa if you plan on watching the process video with all it's details as it is kind of long. If not sit back and read along as I give you a quick summery on how to create this soft feminine page using Colour Blast's Colour Spray, Colour Embossing Powders, Colour Paste and Colour Mica Powder all of which are available through the Colour Blast Store or ask you local stockist.



First up let me apologise for the colour of the detail photos, they have turned out really dark for some reason, the truer colours of this layout are in the final piece at the start of this post.



The first thing I did for on this layout was to coat the cardstock with some white Gesso to give the products a primed base to cling to. I then mixed some Transparent Gesso with a tiny amount (as a little goes a long way) of Colour Mica Powder in Peach Nectar which I then randomly added some smears over the top of the white Gesso, with the remaining Peach Nectar I spread through a script stencil.



Next I created the rose blooms by mixing the Peach Nectar with some Modeling Paste and simply used a plastic tool to create swirls that looked like a rose bloom. When I had created enough of them randomly across the page I sprinkled a little bit of extra Peach Nectar Colour Mica Powder over the top of the wet media. Leave to dry.


Still working on the background I sprayed Saffron Colour Spray over the base and then lightly blotted off with a wet baby wipe.


Next I used the Sunshine Colour Paste through a flourish stencil over the top of everything I had already created.


Then it was the embellishment time. First up was the paper flowers, I only had bright orange and green flowers in the type I wanted to use so I thought I would have a play and see if I could change the colour with some of  Colour Embossing Powder in Singin The Blues. I heat embossed them with three coats of the Singin The Blues to get the right hue of blue.


Using the same colour I embossed the chipboard title "Sister".


This beautiful delicate chipboard butterfly flourish was the next to get the Colour Blast workout. I mixed some Dimensional Magic/Glossy Accents with a tiny amount of the Colour Mica Powder -  Peach Nectar  and painted both butterflies and also the flourish that is under the "Sister" chipboard title, that can be seen in the previous photo.


Using a Embossing pen I added the finer detail in other Colour Embossing Powders colours. I added Apple of My Eye to the leaves and the vines, Singin The Blues to the veins and body of the butterflies and then on the very edge of the large butterfly's wings I detailed with Sunshine.


Before putting the layout all together I also embossed some grid pattern onto the background for a bit more texture, this time I used Singin the Blues Colour Embossing Powder.


Finishing touches were distressing some pattern paper to mat the photo, adhering the embellishments down and added some tiny dots for interest.



Thanks for popping in, I hope that this layout inspires you to grab your Colour Blast and just have a play. The range is so versatile that it all complements each other and is easy to use.
Hugs
Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment