Saturday 25 February 2017

All you need is love... Journal page by Skai Mitchell


I was so lucky to have spent a long weekend with some amazingly talented ladies at Hunter Valley Retreat recently, and had the opportunity to really get my stash of Colour Blast products out and play with them, without kids and cats interrupting.

I have to say, the Colour Shimmer Dusts are my favourite product to play with right now. They are super versatile and the effects you can get just playing with different amounts of water and its application is endless. 

Inspired by the super rad Lisa Oxley and her journal pages, I've created this journal spread dedicated to love. 


I began by applying a layer of Black Gesso to my journal with a old credit card. You can see I've done a few layers and kept it messy and textural.

Next I've used the White Gesso and applied it randomly using some bubble wrap.

Now for the fun part!

I ripped a few pages out of my journal and gathered my Colour Shimmer Dusts, dry paint brush, water and isopropyl rubbing alcohol. 

My first page was done in blues, and I've used Navy, Cobalt and Duke to create this page. Layering is essential, and added each colour on its own with a dry paint brush and sprayed with water, drying some portions in between. This take practice, so just have fun playing with the water and the way it pools. 

The isopropyl rubbing alcohol can be added in flicks while the water is still wet, and it give beautiful colour rings...

I've re-created the same technique where with Candy, Lollipop and Passion Colour Shimmer Dusts. How amazing it that shine!

Next I've cut out a stack of hearts in random sizes and inked the edges with Black Stazon

To stamp my title with some large Heidi Swapp foam alpha stamps I've mixed up some Lollipop Colour Shimmer Dust in my pallet with some White Gesso. Use your pallet knife to mix it well.. 



Layer up your hearts onto your page, add your title and define your edges with a white pen, and you have a complete journal page. 


Thank you for popping by. Dont forget to add your art to our Colour Blast Creative Corner page on Facebook. I'd love to see what you come up with using these amazing products.











1 comment: