Thursday 16 February 2017

"Scary Couple" by Amanda H

Good morning Colour Blast fans,

I'm back for February with a completely different project to earlier in the month! This time I have a dark, grungy layout- still perfect for all those Colour Blast products to shine through.

Here is my page with my husband and I dressed up and looking kinda scary! We don't usually do dress up things, but this was fun to do for Halloween last year.



Firstly, I started and finished with 7Dots Papers and elements. The 7Dots paper is fabulous for adding mixed-media to, and all the sticker and diecut elements are great to add at the end to embellish the page.

Here are the steps I took to create my background. There ended up being lots of layers of product to get the final background I was happy with.


Firstly I mixed some White Heavy Gesso, with Colour Mica Powder, in Cool Mint. This is a great way to create a paint colour tint exactly the shade you want. I often keep the old plastic packaging from embellishments - they make great trays for mixing paints!


Rather than painting it on, I swiped it on with a palette knife, trying to keep it smooth.


Once it had dried, I sprayed lots of Colour Shimmer Spray, in Deep Water.


I used my heat gun to dry the Colour Shimmer Spray, so I could move the colour around on the page, so you can see where the colour has pooled and run.


Next, I use Colour Paste in Steel through a script stencil. I love the grey-silver tone of this Steel colour.

Another old plastic tray, this time to mix up some Colour Shimmer Dust, in Midnight.



I painted the Midnight across the scripts and also splatters some on page.


And while it was still drying, I gave it a few sprays of Colour Shimmer Spray, in Steel. The colours mix and mingle nicely together! Because I had gesso'd the page at the beginning, it was great to see how the colours of sprays and shimmer dusts moved on the page, rather than soaking right into the surface.


Once it was all dry, I added another layer of Colour Paste though a stencil, this time in Dusty Charcoal. The darker black of this Colour Paste is perfect for bringing out some darker tones.


Last layer... a few splatters from the spray wand of Colour Spray, in Road Base.

I let everything dry overnight, before I had some embellishments to finish. Here is the final page again and some close ups:
  





A few of the word stickers and elements from the 7Dots collection were just perfect for this page! Add a few sequins, wire, tulle, hearts and buttons, and the page is complete.

Thanks for looking today!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment