Thursday 16 March 2017

Imagine by Rachel Dutko

Hi Colour Blasters, Rachel with you today with my project 'Imagine'.

I have made a reverse canvas

To start my reverse canvas I applied White Heavy Gesso  all over the back of a canvas. I then added lots of textural elements to create my background -  chipboard off-cuts, netting and punchinella.


Once they were all dry I applied a coat of Black Heavy Gesso.
I added a piece of patterned paper then lightly sprayed Deep Water and Singin The Blues Colour Shimmer Sprays randomly to begin my layers of colour.  



I added some highlights with White Heavy Gesso, 
especially on the netting.


I added more layers of colour with more Singin the Blues and Snow White Colour Shimmer Sprays,  Peacock Colour Shimmer Dust mixed with water, and Bling Colour Paste. 


I then moved on to my embellishments. I covered half of my 
chipboard pieces with White Heavy Gesso and the other half with Black Heavy Gesso. 




The white chipboard pieces were then painted with water-activated Peacock Colour Shimmer Dust, then some were heat embossed with Deep Water Colour Embossing Powder.  
For the black chipboard pieces  I added some Dusty Charcoal Colour Paste then while the paste was still wet I added some Dusty Charcoal Colour Embossing Powder and heat set.

I adhered all of the chipboard pieces to the frame, along with lots of textural elements (glitter stickers, wire, beads, plasterer's tape, lace). I also added a title and embellishments.

I finished with some splatters of Road Base Colour Spray to tie all the elements together. 


Some close ups-





Thanks for looking,

Rachel xx 




No comments:

Post a Comment