Sunday 26 March 2017

Sunkissed Layout by Farrel Tailor

Hello Colour Blast Fans!!! Farrel here to share with you a layout created using a photo I have had in my photo stash for 5 years!
So I hope you have a cup of coffee whilst reading this as I have taken quite a few process pics for you.

Here is the layout I created using the 7 Dots Studio range Cotton Candy.


I started by lightly coating my patterned paper with gel medium.



Next I mixed the ever so delicious Cool Mint Colour Mica Powder with gel medium and used it through a stencil. I used it with gel medium instead of white gesso or modelling paste as I didn't want to loose the vibrant colour that Cool Mint has.



Using the left over paste (as I don't like to let anything go to waste) I used my spatula to create some textured lines onto the layout.



Once I dried it with my heat gun, I then created a cluster for my photo to sit on. I have used some paper, tags and a die cut from the range.



So here I am creating more texture by using Tangareen Dream Colour Paste with an old gift card to create some lines.



I then added some stamping using black archival ink and then sprayed Tangareen Dream Colour Shimmer Spray  and let it run a little on the layout.



I then decided to use the same spray to colour my cheese cloth piece. 



I had a pink flower in my stash and decided to use my finger to rub Tangareen Dream Colour Paste  onto the petals. By doing this I was able to crumple the petals and they held their shape when I dried it.



To finish off the layout, I added more die cuts, stickers, some stamping and a flair.


Thanks for dropping by and hopefully I have inspired you to use a photo that has been siting in your craftroom for years!!

Until next time - Happy Scrappin xx



No comments:

Post a Comment