Thursday 27 April 2017

"Cool kids" by Amanda H

Hello again,
April is nearly done, it's been a fast start to the year!
I'm here to share a page today, and I'll demo an interesting technique, with our Gesso and Embossing powders.
Here is a sneak of this fun project, but first, let's look at how I did it!
I chose a stencil and got my White Heavy Gesso and some Colour Embossing Powder ready.
Using a metal spatula, I swipe the Gesso through the stencil. While it is still wet, sprinkle some Colour Embossing Powder onto the Gesso. I used a mix of Envy and Deep Water. Leave this to dry for a while.
Once dry, use a fan brush to dust off the excess Embossing Powder.

Now heat set the embossing powder with your heat gun.


Here is how the background effect looks - pretty cool, right?!


Next I wanted to emboss some chipboard pieces for my page, so I used a Versamark Ink and Colour Embossing Powder in Leather.

I definitely needed some splatters on my page, so I used my Colour Shimmer Spray, also in Leather, to make some splatters. I simply took the wand from the bottle and splattered from the end of the wand.
Actually, after I had put my page together I decided I needed some darker edging around the page, so using a paint brush, I lightly painted an edge, using Colour Spray in Mocha.
Here is the final page and some close ups:

 

 Thanks for looking - have you tried this technique before?

No comments:

Post a Comment