Tuesday 11 April 2017

Details with Melinda Sweetman

Hi, hi and hello Colour Blast lovers!! Melinda here with you today sharing another somewhat "clean" mixed media scrapbook page!


I had this cut file on my computer that I have been desperate to play with so finally manged to cut it and get creating with it! You will notice that along the left hand side there are a couple of other pieces that I had cut - these were for another project but I figured I may as well use up the whole 12x12 - 2 (well, actually 3) birds with one stone ;)

I have left the cut file on my mat for all of the wet mediums that I apply and I have not applied gesso at all!

First up, I challenged myself to use something other than blues and greens so I pulled all of my reddish/pink Colour Blast products.


These are in order, from left to right, front to back, as follows:
Colour Spray - Bubblegum, Sunset, Love
Colour Shimmer Spray - Rose Petal, Lipstick, Snow White and Bling
Colour Shimmer Dust - Lollipop and Candy
Colour Mica Powder - Watermelon
Colour Paste - Lipstick, Fire Engine, Rose Petal and Bling

The first layer was the beautiful Colour Shimmer Dusts - I used both the Lollipop and Candy. I leave my paint tray to air dry when I still have colour left over so I simply used a dropper to add a few drops of water and re-activate the colour. 


I used a wet brush and literally just painted the 2 colours here, there and wherever took my fancy!


Next up I added the Watermelon Mica Powder. I added a tiny amount to some old packaging with a spatula, added a few drops of water and applied in the same way as the Shimmer Dust.


Because I wasn't using heaps of water the colours dried pretty quickly but I wasn't too concerned about the colours mixing anyway as they were all from the same family.

Next up the sprays. I used the Bubblegum and Love Colour Sprays and literally again, just squirted some here and there. And then to some of the more "splotty" areas I used a wet paintbrush to give more of a water colour effect.


Last layer of pink colour!! The beautiful Colour Shimmer Sprays. I used the Rose Petal and the Lipstick and applied the exact same technique as with the Colour Sprays.

After that was dried I peeled off my cut file from my cutting mat and decided I wanted a little pop of more colour starting with some splatter in the Bubblegum Colour Spray.


Next up some gold so out came the Bling Colour Paste and stencil from Dusty Attic. I applied the paste randomly across the cut file in a few different places and left to air dry.


I wanted a little more sparkle and shine so again, Bling to the rescue! This time the Colour Shimmer Spray. I used the nozzle to apply drips and then I spritzed over the whole cut file from distance for an all over very subtle shine. Oh la la!!


Time to assemble the page! Or so I thought! I had picked out my photo but decided I needed a little something extra behind it so, again, Bling to my rescue!

First up the Shimmer Spray applied with a dry paint brush straight onto the white cardstock. After that dried another stencil with the Colour Paste. Perfect, just what it needed.



NOW I can assemble my layout!


I was terrified as I was working on the cut file that it was going to be Oh My Goodness, that is so PINK but up against the white cardstock with the black and white photo it is not as PINK as I expected so I am super happy with how it all worked out in the end.



Look at that shiny gold sparkle in the background, so beautiful!!


Right at the end I decided I needed something extra. Some tiny black splatters! I pulled out my Roadbase Colour Spray and a tiny little paint brush and flicked a little splatter all around. Voila, one completed page!


I hope I inspire you to challenge yourself to do something a little different. To just have a play! Please do come and share your work in the Facebook group here, we love to see what everyone is doing with their Colour Blast stash!

Until next time!


Melinda
xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment