Sunday 30 April 2017

Escape by Rachel Dutko

Hello everyone! 
Rachel here with you today with a fun holiday layout.




I started by adding some Black Heavy Gesso to a piece of white 12x12 cardstock. Once that was dry I applied Deep Water, Sunshine and Lipstick Colour Pastes in varying thicknesses for some texture.


Because the pastes were quite thick in some places 
I left the page to completely dry naturally.

I came back to it a few days later, added some stamping then trimmed 
the whole page in to random-sized strips.

 


I then painted the edge of each of the strips with  
White Heavy Gesso for some definition.
 


Next, I layered the strips onto a piece of 
black cardstock in a cross shape.


The next step was to add some splatters, with watered-down White Heavy Gesso,  
Deep Water Colour Shimmer Spray and Saffron Colour Spray.


Now to some embossing!  I heat embossed the chevrons with Deep Water and Rose Petal Colour Embossing Powders.

I applied White Heavy Gesso to the chipboard words and large chevrons. I then applied water-activated  Peacock Colour Shimmer Dust, and then sprayed with  
Singin' The Blues Colour Shimmer Spray.

So here's a look at the finished page. I added some 'clean' left over strips around the photo with foam tape to add more dimension and to highlight the photo. 


A few close ups-






Thanks for looking

Rachel xx




No comments:

Post a Comment