Thursday 13 April 2017

"Sweetheart" by Amanda H

Hello Colour Blasters!
Do you ever hit a slump late at night? Staring blankly at a white piece of paper?
Well, today I am going to show you how I went from a blank piece of paper, to this sweet project:
One night, I could not decide what to scrap so I just picked up a pencil and started drawing.
I started with some simple flower and leaf designs.


After a while I got stuck, so I looked on the internet for some simple ideas for drawing flowers.
My bouquet grew and grew!

Once I was happy with the design, I went over the whole design with a black thin line pen, and rubbed out the pencil marks. Now it is all ready to paint!

This is how I store my Colour Shimmer Dusts - I mix small amounts of the Colour Shimmer Dusts and water in each hole of these paint trays. The best bit is, once it is dry, you can stack the trays away. Next time I want to use my Shimmer Dusts, a few sprays of water and the colour is activated and ready to use again. On this night, I sprayed a few colours ready to paint my drawn flowers and leaves.

I also put a piece of muslin into the hole with Lollipop Shimmer Dust, and easy way to colour fabrics and ribbons.

I got busy painting and painting all the leaves and flowers. I predominantly used these Colour Shimmer Dust colours: Lollipop, Peacock, Cobalt, Passion, Paris and Lush. I did a few splatters on the page also.
A few days later, I came back to my bouquet and finished of the page with a few simple embellishments. You will notice the piece of Lollipop-coloured muslin is behind the photo!
Now, I am not a drawer, but this was such fun to challenge myself... no rules, no right or wrong, just simple drawing, and then finished perfectly with Colour Blast!
Thanks for looking!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment