Wednesday 5 April 2017

The Best Moments by Danielle Vertigan

The Best Moments are so often captured when we least expect it.
Our phones and tech seem to catch all our shots.
A giggle over a meal, a peak around a tree.....
These moments are around us everyday and they are the moments to savour.

This was a fun layout to put together.
It was coming back to basics and I really enjoyed the simplicity of it.
I started with my usual step of adhering white cardstock to a sheet of chipboard.


I am still addicted to Heavy Black Gesso
There is nothing like it on the market!

I painted through the centre of my sheet, creating at eye.


I stamped the edges in brickwork using a stazon ink.


Next using the Bubblegum  Colour Spray
I spritzed my stamp work
I also at this stage slightly rotated my page to try and prevent dripping whilst minimising
pooling. I wanted a fairly even colour.


Once dried I chose a stencil and selected the Bling Colour Shimmer Cube
These goodies pack a punch and are so versatile.
You will need some water on hand, a paint brush and paper towel.


First thing I did was give my cube a light spritz.
I mixed this in with the paint brush.
Using the brush I dabbed it through my stencil and finished it off with the paper towel.
I rubbed it through the Colour Shimmer Cube first and then rubbed it over the stencil to strengthen the colour.

I repeated this for 2 butterflies and then using the brush only I also applied the
shimmer cube to 2 areas to the top left and bottom right.


I selected a butterfly from the same stencil and keeping it simple I traced the butterfly
onto my layout using a gel pen and liked them with dotted lines.


I touch of detail was added into the butterflies.


The Border creates a nice touch.
You can see hoe the butterfly has almost taken an embossed appearance.
It looks like a printed part of the cardstock.
I love it.


As with all Colour Blast Products the shimmer is second to none.
You will also see some Cubes here.
These where done with a gel pen around the edge of my Colour Shimmer Cubes.


Some embellishments to finish and the layout has come together
Just as I'd imagined.
The colours in the image are all captured just as I'd hoped and rolled into the layout perfectly.

There are so many goodies to choose from at
You will be spoilt for choice but boy will you have some fun creating....
Till next time
Happy Scrapping












No comments:

Post a Comment