Monday 3 April 2017

The Sweet Life by Tracey Campbell

Hello and welcome back to the Colour Blast Blog where I have the pleasure of making lovely layouts with some wonderfully delicious Australian Products. I love to support our local business here in Australia and am proud to be using these high quality products.
This post I am going to share with you one of the very first photos that we had taken when we first moved here to Jervis Bay, a beautiful sunset in the Basin, just down the road from our house. I wanted to create a soft page to go with the colours in the photo.
 First up I covered the centre area of a piece of lined patterned paper with the Heavy White Gesso.
 Here you can see that I did not paint it on smoothly, I applied it in a cris-cross pattern to get some texture into it.
 Once the Heavy White Gesso was dry I used a piece of scrap plastic packaging to apply some Bubblegum Colour Spray to the paper. This is a simple but messy technique where you spray directly onto the plastic,
 then flip it over onto your paper and press down.
 Do this a few times to create patches of colour across you page.
 The Colour Spray will look a little lighter when it is dry. Next I used Bling Colour Paste through a decorative stencil.
I wanted to add some soft flowers to my layout but I did not have the right colour on me. So I mixed two Colour Sprays together, Bubblegum and Saffron, with some water to dilute it down like water colour paint.
 Then using a diecut rose stencil I painted the diluted Colour Spray in the petal spaces on so some cardstock. As you can see I used various stages of the Colour Sprays mixed together - ranging from the yellow, to the pink to the mixed orange.
 Once I had finished painting the rose I took the stencil off and used it over again repeating the process.
 I then cut the roses out, leaving a small white boarder around the edge.
 Next up I used an embossing pen and drew around some of the edges of the rose petals to define them a bit more.
 I then sprinkled some Bling Colour Embossing Powder onto the drawn embossing ink and set it with the heat gun.
 Next I went back to working on the base paper, I added a couple of strips of patterned paper and some embossed reeds, to tie in the theme of the photo with the background. I used Rose Petal Colour Embossing Powder.
 Here you can see the Colour Blast layers that I have added to the patterned paper.
 Now I start to with the finishing touches, adding a bit of white paper bag as the mat for the photo, tucking the water painted roses onto the background and adhere a few pieces of cotton thread. This photo shows you how shimmery the Embossing Powders and the Colour Pastes are.
The final finishing touches of the title, enamel dots, journaling and a few glittered foam embellishments.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked my layout as much as I enjoyed sharing it with you and creating with these wonderful Colour Blast Products.
Hugs
Tracey




No comments:

Post a Comment