Tuesday 16 May 2017

Me & My Girl by Krisy Podolak

Hi Colour Blast Lovelies,

Krisy back again today to share with you a layout using my favourite Colour Blast products - Shimmer Dusts.

My most favourite way to used these is as water colours.  This layout started off as an idea that turned out way better than I thought it would.

I started with some basic wash shapes that I intended to be flowers so I used Candy and Lush.  Once they were dry over the top I stamped in black ink some hand carved poppies.  The washes underneath are not perfectly in line with the flower shapes and this is what I wanted.  I was wanting to give a grungy look to the layout. Almost like an old school tattoo that has "bled" beyond the original lines.

I added a few different stamps over the top to help add details and tie it all together.  This is my most favourite way to create layouts.  I start with colour and then stamp over the top.
Here are some close ups.  

I don't have any process photos today but I do have a process video so head over and check that out on my YouTube channel POPLEOPOD.  

Thanks for stopping by today.

Krisy xx




No comments:

Post a Comment