Sunday 7 May 2017

Precious Mixed Media Layout by Farrel Tailor

 Hello there CB Fans! I hope you are all having a great weekend.
I'm back today to share with you all a layout I created featuring the amazing Colour Shimmer Pots - Watercolour.



I started my layout by painting my chipboard with Black Heavy Gesso


Once the chipboard was dry, I then sprayed some water into my Just Blue Colour Shimmer Pot - Watercolour and mixed it around using a small paint brush until I was happy with the consistency. I then splattered all over my chipboard.


While I set that aside to dry, I then used White Heavy Gesso and spread it onto my patterned paper using an old gift card. I love this paper but felt it was a little too busy for what I wanted to do with it, hence the white gesso.


Because I didn't use a thick coat of White Gesso, it dried quite quickly so then I splattered using Stormy Weather Colour Shimmer Spray and put aside while I worked on the next step.


So the next step was to cover my chipboard title with White Heavy Gesso...why? By adding the white undercoat, it makes the top colour pop which is what I wanted. 


Once the gesso was dry, I then added more water into my Colour Shimmer Pot- Watercolour Just Blue and painted it onto my chipboard. The end result was stunning!!

The last step before assembling the page was to add some splattering using Colour Shimmer Pot - Watercolor Just Blue  and some stamping which was randomly added to the page using archival ink.



Here are some close ups of the layout




Thanks for dropping by today and until next time - Happy Scrappin' xx


No comments:

Post a Comment