Saturday 20 May 2017

You are my happy - Skai Mitchell


Hey Bloggers, 

Just poping in for a share this month with a layout that features a colour pallet I don't often use.. Browns, creams, gold... Totally not my usual style. 
I've dug out a super old picture of my daughter Trinity from 2014, but still one of my favourites. 
Its definitely time for the family to get a updated photo shoot together.


I get a lot of people asking me how I go about putting a layout together, and I always say I'm old school and still make myself 'kits' of coordinating papers, embellishments and products. Here I've grab some left over ephemera, flowers, chipboard and Colour Blast products that fit the colour pallet I'm looking to use. 


First Step: 
Using a pallet knife, randomly smear some of your White Heavy Gesso onto your page. I like to apply mine really thickly, leaving ridges and smear marks to give it lots of texture. 



Step Two: 
Grab your Colour Spray in Coffee and spray directly over your gesso, letting it pool and puddle in places. Tilt your page and let it run. Be random, be messy!


Step Three:
Open up your bottle of Coffee Colour Spray and use the nozzle to flick blobs in alternate corners. 


Step Four: 
Place your chipboard onto a clean piece of paper and evenly spray it with the Coffee Colour spray. I like to undercoat chipboard with spray before I emboss over it, given a solid, even finish. Dry it with a heat gun. 


 Step Five:
Using some embossing powder in Leather, apply the powder in random areas to give it a messy finish. I like my works to be very textural, so you can be as messy or as precise as you like. 


Step Six:
Layer up all your embellishments!

I've added a coat of Leather Texture Paste to half of my title, taping it off and applying with a thin brush. 



I hope you have enjoyed looking at my layout and have inspired you to get into your creative space and make beautiful art... Dont forget to head on over to the Colour Blast Creative Corner on Facebook page and share what you have created... 


Love and Light

Skai 

xoxox


1 comment: