Monday 26 June 2017

Love Having Fun by Tracey Campbell

Hello everyone, it is my turn again on the Blog and today I think that my layout and post are titled so right! Love Having Fun.... and that is exactly what I had when I was using the Colour Blast Products to create this page.
Using the Heavy White Gesso I painted nine smallish circles on my cardstock. You can see that I did draw the circles where I wanted them to go before doing the Gesso.
 When the Heavy White Gesso circles were dry I coloured each nine with a different colour Shimmer Spray or Colour Spray by dipping my finger into the bottle and finger painting directly over the top of the Heavy White Gesso. The Colour Shimmer Spray colours I used were Sunshine and Envy. The Colour Sprays used were Love, Violet, Saffron and Sapphire.
 Now although there is a huge extensive range of colours and hues of both the Colour Shimmer Spray and the Colour Spray I wanted a few other tones so I created some water colours with the Colour Shimmer Dusts. I just added a small amount of the Colour Shimmer Dust to a few sprays of water and mixed. In this photo you can see me using the Navy Colour Shimmer Dust.
 Once again I applied using my finger.
 Here is the nine coloured circles as they dry.
Once the coloured circles were dry I wanted to add some texture to the page so I used a few different templates/stencils/masks and spread the Colour Paste through them.
Here is the list that I created to match the Colour Paste to the Colour Shimmer Spray, Colour Spray or the Colour Shimmer Dust;
Sunshine Colour Shimmer Spray to Bling Colour Paste,
Navy Colour Shimmer Dust to Just Blue Colour Paste,
Love Colour Spray to Fire Engine Colour Paste,
Envy Colour Shimmer Spray to Envy Colour Paste,
Violet Colour Spray to Lovely Lilac Colour Paste,
Saffron Colour Spray to Sunshine Colour Paste,
Not all the circles got a Colour Paste treatment, the final three were created by;
lighter blue - The circle was Sapphire Colour Spray and then a stray of Caribbean Colour spray through a mask was applied.

 orange - I didn't have an orange Colour Paste so I create a orange paste by mixing some Heavy White Gesso, with a touch of Sunshine and Candy Colour Shimmer Dust together and then just smeared a streak of it over the coloured circle which was a mix of Saffron and Love Colour Spray.
green - I painted the coloured circle with the water colour made up form the Lush Colour Shimmer Dust and then splattered Lagoon Colour Spray over the top of it.
 Once the colour circles were dried I thought that the page need a bit of a messy touch so I splatted some Road Base Colour Spray over it all.
 I then went to my die cut and embellishments and pulled out a variety that matched the colours on the cardstock. You can see in the photo I pulled out way more than I actually used, this was to give me a large range to choose from.
 Then using some of the embellishments and the die cuts I made small clusters over the coloured circles in the co-ordinating colour.
 Once again I felt that it need a bit more of a mess touch so I unscrewed the bottle of Road Base Colour Spray and used the straw to draw a mess line border around the outer edge of the cardstock.
 And here is my finished page. Now you can see why I had so much fun doing this layout. When picking the embellishments I kept in mind that my layout was about my daughter when she was 8 months old painting, so I picked things that I thought related - cutie animals, pictures, an 8 for 8 months old, hearts, bows for a girlie touch.
I really love the ease that this page came together and how well matched in colours, hues and tones that the Colour Blast products are. Thanks for stopping by and please stop in again tomorrow to see what another wonderful Design Team Member has for inspiration for you.
Hugs Tracey


No comments:

Post a Comment