Friday 15 September 2017

Clean & Simple Cards by Kasia Leach


Hello lovelies... Kasia here again with a set of cards this time. I was lucky enough to attend Paperific in Melbourne in August and had a little power shop for new background stamps which I bought with this specific project in mind. With so many amazing colours available in the Colour Embossing Powders the colour combos are endless.


I first cut down a few pieces of watercolour cardstock to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and used my stamp platform to stamp the background stamp with versa fine ink. 


Shake your shake your little pot of embossing powder first so that the glitter and embossing powder mix well, then cover the stamped area with Bling Colour Embossing Powder & heat set it with my heat tool. Although this is a mixed media embossing powder I find that if I give the pot a good shake I can still get quite detailed results. 


Gather your background stamps and have a play with different colours as your base. Here I used Bling, Snow White, Steel, Dusty Charcoal & Stormy Weather Colour Embossing Powders. Leather & Sienna also look great as a neutral base colour. 


I then got out my.... wait for it... Colour Shimmer Cubes and Colour Mica Powder and painted the embossed backgrounds. Above I used Apple of My Eye, Envy, Deep Water, Singing the Blues & Just Blue Colour Shimmer Cubes and Polar, Cool Mint & Olive Grove Colour Mica Powders.


I then gathered some cardstock in complementing colours and cut it down to 4 1/4" x 11" to create a top folding 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base. Using a cross-stitched rectangle die I cut the embossed and coloured panels and then die cut a heart from the centre. You can use these cute hearts as embellishments on your layouts or other cards. Each of the following cards are based on the same basic design which is super versatile for many different occasions. 

I was also super excited to use the sentiment stamps I designed for Uniquely Creative on these cards. 


This card was coloured with a mix of Tangereen Dream, Fire Engine, Blush, Punch, Rose Petal & Lipstick Colour Shimmer Cubes and embossed with Dusty Charcoal Colour Embossing Powder. The sentiment was stamped on white cardstock and backed with vellum. I also tucked some silver thread behind the sentiment and added some grey rhinestones to finish the card off. 



The Bling Colour Shimmer Cube was used to paint the background of this card and the Bling Colour Embossing Powder for the stamping. I heat embossed the sentiment onto black cardstock and embellished the card with gold sequins, gold thread and black rhinestones. 




Apple of My Eye, Envy, Deep Water, Singing the Blues & Just Blue Colour Shimmer Cubes and Polar, Cool Mint & Olive Grove Colour Mica Powders were used to colour this card. I then added a plain stitched heart to front, stamped the sentiments and added some black enamel dots.  





I left the this background with just the Steel Embossing Powder, backed the heart opening with vellum and heat embossed the sentiment with Fire Engine Colour Embossing Powder, added some pink thread and pink rhinestones.



So thats it from me this week. I hope I have inspired you to get your background stamps and Colour Embossing Powders out and have a go at making these cards and also joining in with the September Colour Blast Challenge - Stamping Gone Crazy. 


Have Fun!  xx Kasia

No comments:

Post a Comment