Thursday 21 September 2017

Glitz & Glam by Suzy Loudon

A big Hello to everyone. This week I've gone back to the 1920's after a wonderful party. It was a bit of a challenge to scrap but I hope I've done my photo justice.


To begin with I thought my paper was a bit too busy in the centre so spread White Heavy Gesso randomly with my pallet knife.


I cut myself some lace the gave it a spray with Love Colour Spray. I dried it with my heatgun (be careful not to get too close & melt it). On drying it went a much lighter colour so I kept repeating the process, focusing more on the bottom. I must have done this about 6 or 7 times before I was happy. When I was assembling my page I decided I needed to extend my lace to I did the same process with another section.


I used a chandelier stencil with Steel Colour Paste. 


I coated some chipboard with Steel Colour Embossing Powder.


After heat setting the Steel I used a sponge to dab my embossing dauer to add a very small amount onto my chipboard. I then used Fire Engine Colour Embossing Powder on the small sections. I heat set it then repeated the process using Bling Colour Embossing Powder.


I tried to get a photo picking up the Fire Engine & Bling highlights but didn't quite capture it. You can see it better in close-ups later.


I sprayed some Love Colour Spray on some flowers. A little trick - if you don't want to colour your flower stems cover them in some washie tape before spraying.


I then sprayed a flower in Roadbase Colour Spray...but didn't move my red flower completely out of the way so it got flecks of Roadbase all over it.


I sprayed some more flowers with Steel Shimmer Spray


 I added some feathers & some little embellishments to finish my page.
You can see in this photo the depth of the lace that I reached, as well as some of the colour accents on the Steel chipboard.

Some of the top lighter lace that was covered by the photo I cut off & lifted up. You can see the different shade to the bottom piece.


Thanks for spending the time to enable me to share my page 
See you next time.

XXX Suzy


No comments:

Post a Comment