Tuesday 14 November 2017

Rainbow Dream Catcher by Rachel Dutko

Hi Colour Blasters!

Today I have a dream catcher mixed media project to share.

I've taken my inspiration from the November challenge in the  
Colour Blast Creative Corner Facebook group.  



Here is my dream catcher project using feathers.

And here is how I created my project.

I started by creating all of my feathers. 
For the large feathers I used a stencil and a selection of Colour Pastes - Fire Engine, Royalty, Apple Of My Eye, Singin The Blues, Sunshine and Tangareen Dream.


To create the smaller feathers I stamped some feather shapes onto water colour paper, then coloured in with Colour Shimmer Cubes (Fire Engine, Blush,  
Singin The Blues and Envy)  and Colour Shimmer Dusts 
(Candy, Sunflower, Amber, Lollipop, Duke, Lush and Peacock).


 
I then fussy cut all the feathers then heat embossed random patterns on each one with a contrasting colour for some extra detail. I've used a different Colour Embossing Powder on each feather - Envy, Sunshine, Just Blue, Tangareen Dream, Rose Petal,  
Deep Water, Singin the Blues, Bling and Fire Engine.


I used acrylic paint and tissue paper to create my background on a large sheet of cardboard. Once it was dry I applied Steel and Dusty Charcoal Colour Paste 
through a stencil to create the top of my dream catcher.


Next it was time to add my coloured paper feathers, some real feathers, 
some coloured wire and coloured twine.



To finish off I added some splatters of Road Base, Carribean, Saffron,  
Rainforest and Bubblegum Colour Sprays.


Lastly I added my title.

Some close ups-



Head over to the Colour Blast Creative Corner Facebook group to upload your 
entry to this challenge. We can't wait to see what you come up with!

Thanks for looking
Rachel x x




1 comment: