Saturday 18 November 2017

Spread Your Wings ~ Mixed Media Card with Melinda

Hi there, Melinda here with you today and I am sharing a card I made for a work friend who has left and started a new life for herself overseas!

Here's a little peeky....


Here is my process video if you are interested in seeing this card come together


And read on for my step-by-steps


First up, after I cut my card front to size (10cm x 14.3cm) I grabbed this very pretty stencil from my stash (it is a Dusty Attic one) and my Bling Colour Paste. I'll tell you a little secret here - I wasn't 100% certain of where I wanted this card to go so I took inspiration from my last DT project and ran with it!


I let that air dry and then came back and started to add colour. I had already picked some pieces I wanted to use to embellish with so grabbed my matching colours in Sunshine and Tangereen Dream in the Colour Shimmer Cubes and clean cup of water. I added a little water over the top of the stencilling and then added my colour, moving the card stock around to get the colour to move and adding water/more colour when necessary.


I did get impatient and used my heat tool to dry that off so I could move onto my next step. Splatters! Using the same colours and paint brushes I added in splatters - Sunshine to the Tangereen side mostly and Tangereen to the Sunshine side. 

When that was dry I grabbed a damp baby wipe and rubbed over my Colour Paste to get the Bling to pop once again without any additional colour on top! Did you know that you could do that?? 
It really makes the colours of the pastes pop once again!


Next up, I dumped all of my pretty things onto my base and decided I needed a dark pop of colour behind all the bits so I grabbed a mini doily from my stash and my Dusty Charcoal Colour Shimmer Cube. 

I love having white options because it makes it so easy to customise colours for any project. I just used a paint brush and painted over the doily - be careful if you are doing this that you are not too rough or you may rip/tear the doily! I almost did!! Again, I used my heat tool to dry this off and then applied a second coat in the same way.


One last step before bringing it all together - splatters in Dusty Charcoal. Again, same as above but with a different colour. I love the contrast it gives and that darker colour really makes the whole design just pop! 


And here is my finished card. I think my friend will love it - it is being hand delivered by another friend to Dubai next week! I added in some stamping in a dark grey ink and mounted my card front onto this fun and bright yellow card stock to finish it off!



Thanks as always for stopping by! I hope I have given you some inspiration for whatever you have currently sitting on your desk and I'll see you again in couple of weeks! Please make sure you head over to the FB group, Colour Blast Creative Corner, to share all of your projects using Colour Blast goodies, we love seeing them and being inspired by you all!


Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment