Thursday 11 January 2018

Parnell Rose Gardens by Suzy Loudon

During my recent cruise around New Zealand one of our stops was Auckland. There we visited the Parnell Rose Gardens. Some of the biggest and most beautiful roses I've ever seen.


When I began I didn't really have any idea what I was going to do, so really wasn't sure how it would turn out.
To begin with I stuck down some metals and chipboard onto my cardstock.


Then giving it a good coat of Heavy Black Gesso.


Once the black Gesso was dry I gave it a bit of a dry brush with Heavy White Gesso


Using a dry brush I painted on some highlights with Fire Engine Colour Paste.


I gave the page a spray all over with Fire Engine Colour Shimmer Spray to break up the white a little.


Next I squirted 2 blobs of Matte Mod Podge onto my craft mat. In one I dropped some Colour Artist Ink in Cranberry and int the other Bordeaux.
I stirred the colours in well.
Then using my spatula I dropped drops around the page.
Once dry the colour intensified & went slightly translucent.


Next I embossed some chipboard with Dusty Charcoal Colour Embossing Powder.


O then painted some more chipboard with Heavy White Gesso before giving it a coat of embossing with Snow White Colour Embossing Powder.


For my next set of chipboard I sprayed it with Rainforest Colour Spray.
I then flipped it over and ran it through the spray left on my craft mat.
This gave it extra colour in some parts giving it dimension. I did this a few times before chopping it all up.


It was then time to assemble the page.
I added some paper strips under my photo mat.
Added some coloured cheesecloth, some leaves, tags and the chipboard.

Here's a couple of closeups.





Thanks for looking.
See you next time.

xxx Suzy



No comments:

Post a Comment