Friday 4 May 2018

‘Beauty’ by Amy


It’s May already!

In our household, the combination of birthdays and of course Mother’s Day are the celebrations here.

Mother’s Day is the day for honouring our Mothers, or perhaps remembering them.

Some people like to do cards, a special breakfast, picnics or simply hand-picked flowers.


Today, I am going to share a simple but pretty page.

 
 
To begin, using a spatula, I primed the page with 'White Heavy Gesso' onto a heavy patterned paper from my stash. Once dried, using a paintbrush, I covered the Gesso with ‘Sapphire’ Colour Spray. This was perfect to use, as I wanted to keep the colour palette soft.
Then I splattered some of the ‘Sapphire’ Colour Spray over the covered blue area.

 

I tore strips of paper – both long and short – and adhered these in a way to match them up to where the photo was going to be placed.


To prime the torn strips, I smeared 'White Heavy Gesso'. I deliberately did not want to fully cover them as wanted to leave some of the patterned paper exposed.
While this was drying, I ran some 'White Heavy Gesso' around the border of my photo with my fingers. This helps give the photo a rustic look.



To add some more blue to the page, I applied the ‘Sapphire’ Colour Spray, focusing on the ends of the strips of paper.


After I heat-dried the blue ink, I highlighted the edges of the paper strips with ‘Coffee’ Colour Spray to give it an aged / vintage effect.


To add some bling, I couldn’t resist the opportunity to use the gorgeous ‘Bling’ texture paste with a diamond-shaped stencil and then set it aside to dry.


To complete the background, I used a permanent ink and stamped randomly over the layered papers. Once I was happy, it was time to adhere the photo with the gorgeous white paper doily from D-Lish Scraps. I then added some embellishments to the photo.
It was nice to do a soft, pretty page for a change. Here are some close-ups.


I hope you have a relaxing Mothers’ Day, doing something that you love!


Thanks for stopping by, ciao!  Amy




No comments:

Post a Comment