Tuesday 9 February 2016

An Art Journal Page by Krisy Podolak

Today is my first ever official share as a Colour Blast Design Team Member.  I am still pinching myself, but here we go:

I am very into Art Journalling along with Scrapbooking so the first thing I did when I received my little pots of goodness was crack out an art journal page or two.  I went into this not knowing where I was going or what I was going to create but I am pretty happy with the final piece and the product - WOW!



Most of my Art journal pages are about layers.  Layers of colour, of texture, of more colour and media - paints, inks, pastes, collage and more.  This page I started with some Ranger Dylusions inks to create a base and then I went in with the Colour Shimmer.  The Steel is sooooo pretty.  It is subtle and would look amazing on black cardstock.






Next, I started on more layers of texture using the Colour Blast Colour Pastes.  They say they are like butter and they are.  You know when you have left the butter on the bench by the toaster and when you stick the knife in without even trying you hit the bottom of the container its that soft.  Well this stuff is just like that.  It goes on so smooth and easy but doesn't leave a greasy mark like the butter would. [LOL] Enough of my silly jokes. 

Here's some more close ups.........





So, I also put together a little process video you can have a look at over on my YouTube Channel - Popleopod.  I got a bit excited and the pots I used are a bit out of the screenshot but the colours I used were Steel and Royalty.  If your a texture lover like me - get yourself some Colour Blast Colour Pastes, they are AMAZEBALLS!

Be sure to share this post with all your crafty friends!

Thanks
Krisy




No comments:

Post a Comment